Oh, darlings, you’re in for an absolute treat—meet the BEARries free crochet pattern. I’ve been at this for decades, and lemme spill the tea; it’s not every day you stumble upon a crochet project that captures your heart quite like this one. This cutie brings back the nostalgia of old teddy bears and summertime berry picking all rolled into one!
Second paragraph here? You’ll only need basic crochet stitches, a smidge of patience, and voilà!—your BEARries plushie will pop to life. My heart swoons every time I finish one; it’s like having a little piece of childhood nostalgia in my hands. And let’s not forget — it’s an utter delight for kiddos too!
Designer: Jayded Crochet
Materials & Tools
- Parfait chunky in cotton candy
- Parfait chunky in key lime
- 4 mm crochet hook
- Hot pink felt
- Light pink felt
- stitch marker
- Tapestry needle
Sc – single crochet
Inc – increase
Dec – decrease
Hdc – half double crochet
Dc – double crochet
Ch – chain
Bbl – booble stitch
Sl st – slip stitch
Rnd 1: 6 sc in Mr (6)
Rnd 2: inc around (12)
Rnd 3: (sc, inc) x 6 (18)
Rnd 4-6: sc around (18)
Rnd 7: (sc, dec) x 6 (12)
Rnd 8: dec around (6)
Fasten off and close the circle, weave in end.
Finish stuffing if using safety eyes, insert between R5-R6.
Insert your hook between R2-R3
Ch 4, dc into third ch from hook, sl st into next space in between R3-R4
Insert your hook between R3-R4
Ch 4, dc into third ch from hook, sl st into next space in between R2-R3
Use yarn tails to secure the ears down. Finish head with ears.
You can get creative here, add any kind of face details you want with any colored felt, eyes, yarn, etc.
- For the round eyes cut out a circle in hot pink felt about 0.5 the size of stitches.
- Foe the closed eyes cut out a thin line of hot pink felt and curved them as glued them down.
- Place eyes between R5-6, 3-4 st apart.
Cut out an oval shape in light pink felt about 2 stitches big and cit out the nose shape in hot pink felt which made a bit smaller than the oval.
Rnd 1: 5 sc in Mr (5)
Rnd 2: inc around (10)
Rnd 3: bbl (this is the tail), 2 sc, bbl, 3 sc, bbl, 2 sc
Rnd 4: sc around (10)
Rnd 5: bbl, 3 sc, bbl, 5 sc
Fasten off and leave a long tail/
Stuff. Sew in between R7-8 of the head.
Green chain + leaves
- Insert hook into one of the loops of R1 of the head.
- Ch 10 and insert a stitch marker into the 10th ch.
- Ch 6, then in the second chain from hook, sc, then, hdc, dc, dc, sc. Then sl st into the chain that has the st marker.
- Repeat previous step. Which is: ch 6, then in the second chain from hook: sc, then, hdc, dc, dc, sc, then sl st into the chain that has the st marker.
- Ch 10 and fasten off leaving a long tail. Sew the tail into one of te loops of R1 on the other head, and make sure your ch and your leave aren’t twisted.
- Fasten off.