Hello to my beloved crochet tribe! Today, we’re slowing down the pace with an utterly delightful creation that’s sure to win your hearts while making your crochet hooks dance in joy. Let’s dive into a pattern that captures the charm of an adorable, leisurely creature – amigurumi sloth!
Envision sculpting a huggable crochet sloth, complete with distinctive features of this lovable creature – round, gentle eyes, curved arms perfect for hanging, and a friendly, cheeky grin. It’s a delightful opportunity to weave some crochet magic while creating an amigurumi friend that captures the slow-paced charm of real-life sloths.
Whether you’re an experienced crafter or venturing into the fascinating world of amigurumi, crocheting this lovable creature is the perfect way to relax and de-stress. So, slow down, grab a comfortable seat, pick up your hooks, and let’s weave smiles one sloth stitch at a time!
- Main color yarn (purple)
- Face and hand/fee yarn (white)
- Eye patch yarn (grey)
- Nose yarn (black)
- Stud eye
R – row
Mr – magic ring
Sc – single crochet
Inc – increase
Dec – decrease
Sl st – slip stitch
Ch – chain
Oval -> chain
X -> single crochet
X + V -> increase
Dot – slip stitch
Start from chain 6, ch1 then purple ring right outside the ch6 is your R1. Sl st, then R2. Will be the gray row.
Rnd 6-10: 38 sc
Rnd 11: same as R5 of the diagram but change inc to dec (32)
Rnd 12: 32 sc
Rnd 13: same as R4 of the diagram but change inc to dec (26)
Rnd 14: 26 sc
Rnd 15: same as R3 of the diagram but change inc to dec (20)
Rnd 16: same as R2 of the diagram but change inc to dec (14)
Leave a long tail yarn and cut it.
R1 and R2 of the diagram
- Stitch it to the head like the picture below.
- Pull a yarn twice through the middle of the face.
- Add stud eyes at the top corner of the eye patches.
- Stuff the head, then stitch it up with the yarn that’s left.
Rnd 1-3: of the oval pattern
Rnd 4-14: 26 sc
Rnd 15: 1 dec, 9 sc, 2 dec, 9 sc, 1 dec (22)
Rnd 16: 22 sc
Rnd 17: 1 dec, 7 sc, 2 dec, 7 sc, 1 dec (18)
Leave a long yarn tail and cut it,
Arms & Legs
Rnd 1: 6 sc in Mr
Rnd 2: 6 inc (12)
Rnd 3-4: 12 sc
Rnd 5: 6 dec (6)
Rnd 6-17: 6 sc
Rnd 18: 3 sc
- The head should be nicely stuffed and have eyepatches and stud eyes attached.
- Stuff just the end of the arms and legs.
- Stuff the body.
- Placing te arms on the side of the final row of the body (R17), stitch the body, arms and head together.
- Stitch the legs on around R5 of the body.